Wednesday 4 March 2015

Slice of Life #4 2015

I unlock the front door an begin to drag my aching body through. The burdensome laptop bag thuds against the wooden frame and rebounds rudely against my weary right knee. This little distraction inspires my left hand to forget the one duty assigned to it - to hold on tightly to the car keys, door keys, handbag, and lunch box. Just at that very moment, my new neighbour strolls out to say "Hello!". My response of "Oh, hello..." is drowned by the lunch box crashing angrily onto the wooden floor, the contents of my heavy handbag bouncing off in every direction down the steps, and the keys finding some magical momentum to fly backwards out into the corridor. Everything around me seems engaged in a brief mad dance as I stand frozen under the door frame, eyes wide open and mouth attempting to form a sentence as the brain seizes up.

Hello new neighbour. Hope you enjoyed that impressive show of Geetha.
Image

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool SOL. Here is my SOL: http://theperceptualshift.blogspot.com/2015/03/slice-of-life-4-2015.html

    ReplyDelete