Tuesday 17 March 2015

Slice of Life #17 2015

As we neared our destination, my nieces promptly retrieved their compacts out of their branded bags and reexamined their make up which had taken about an hour to apply back home.

"Aunty, it's important to look real good when one alights from a taxi," mumbled Gayatri, as she made those funny faces women make when we check our make up in a mirror.

We pout, stretch our faces, raise the eyebrows, teeth smile, and then smack our lips together to ensure the lipstick is coated equally on both lips.

Meera "uh-huhed" an agreement as she rummaged around her dinky, sequined purse for some other important layer of make up.

I was simply happy to have managed to have my hair coloured in time for the night's outing.

Feeling a little left out, I groped around in my little sling bag from Chatuchak Market, Thailand, and immediately felt victorious when my fingers found lip balm.

"Yes!" I cheered in my mind, as I pouted accordingly and added on an unnecessary layer of lip balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment