Thursday 26 March 2015

Slice of Life #25 2015


Dear Pappa,

Where do I begin? 

Thank you for your strength for it's equipped me with the resilience to face the world through the good times and the bad. In the years of my childhood, you kept me grounded in more ways than one without undermining my imagination. You brought George Lucas' most awesome masterpiece into my life. And then, there were the Airfix models, Look & Learn subscriptions, Playhour and The Magic Roundabout, dance and music class, great dinner parties... all filling my childhood with many moments of joy!  

As much as I huffed and puffed at your deadpan response of "Look it up" to my questions, it taught me be to be resourceful. I discovered that I could actually figure things out for myself (and knowing that you would check up on my research was an added motivation)! 

Your attempts at home DIY continue to make us laugh out loud as a family, earning you the endearment, "Frankenstein." If only we had recorded these for posterity, there'd be a coffee book with your name on it. In time, your daughters will perceive these creations as an artfom.

You've given so much more, more than I could ever begin to list here. Thank you for moulding my mind and soul, pappa. I love you.

Love always, 
Geetha


Image: "Father's Day on Pinterest | 28 Pins." 2014. 26 Mar. 2015 <https://www.pinterest.com/ldaswell/fathers-day/>

No comments:

Post a Comment