Friday 21 March 2014

Slice of Life #20: Clouds

This morning, I saw a lamb playing on the back of a crocodile... maybe it was an alligator, I couldn't tell.

Clear skies, a rare event these days, served up a multitude cloud formations this morning. I had to indulge the senses while driving. The moment took me back to my childhood, sitting in the back of our trusty Peugeot on some long drawn journey to some place completely different from home. We sang songs, played "I spy..." and spotted clouds feigning forms only recognisable by humans, or so I thought. 

I used to wonder if my other family - Ginger, Junior, Juno, Dawn, and Dopey - ever dabbled in cloud spotting while they lay out in the yard on their backs, sunning their chubby tummies. It seemed to me that they were, as they always seemed to be grinning, tongues hanging out the side of their muzzles when in this position. Now and then, they would flop their heads over to the other side, as though following the movements of these intriguing puffs of whiteness. Were they waiting to see what shapes would follow and grin some more? 

I'd like to think so. 



Image"While it's sunny in Britain, Africa looks cloudy : Photographer ..." 2013. 20 Mar. 2014 <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2363993/While-sunny-Britain-Africa-looks-cloudy--Photographer-catches-perfectly-formed-map-continent-London-sky.html>

No comments:

Post a Comment