Thursday 13 March 2014

Slice of Life #12: Halloween

"Everyday's Halloween in Ms. Nadaraj's class!" Lisa grinned cheekily in response to my earlier Halloween announcement that all those in my presence should fear me. 

I truly wasn't sure if this was a compliment or criticism, but I guess her big grin pretty much meant she felt comfortable sharing her humour with me. And, really, Lisa's the most polite and thoughtful soul.

On a later date, Esther explained, "I think we mean that it's more like getting candy on Halloween" (just to be clear, I don't give candy. Never have, never will).

Right there is the reason why I wake up in the morning and come into school everyday.

Life is good.


Image: "Bewitching plans for 400th anniversary of Pendle witch trials (From ..." 2010. 14 Mar. 2014 <http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/5000583.Bewitching_plans_for_400th_anniversary_of_Pendle_witch_trials/>

No comments:

Post a Comment